Friday, October 30, 2009

Our next word is POST

The word POST is a very interesting word. It has more than one meaning. In fact Dictionary.com has over 15 definitions for the word "post." Wow! That's a lot of ways to use the word post.

Here are some examples:

  • text that is placed on a Web site: We made a new post on our Second Grade Adventures website today about Halloween.
  • a strong piece of timber or metal used to support: The birdhouse was mounted on a post.
  • a pole on a racetrack where a race begins or ends: The horses were lined up at the post to begin the race.
  • a military station with permanent buildings: The soldiers stayed at the post for the weekend.
  • an established mail system: The post office delivers mail to my house.
  • to supply with up-to-date information: Please keep me posted on the activities of the band.
  • in sports - a set of upright poles used in football: The goal post at the new stadium was bright yellow.

We need to know about the first definition of post. Text placed on a website. Each new entry we put on our Second Grade Adventures website is a post.

Leave a comment for Mrs. Walker telling about one meaning of the word post. I can't wait to read comments you leave for me.


Thanks for reading!

Mrs. Walker
I ♡ teaching

1 comment:

  1. I love writing new post on the blog when I read about your new learning adventures.

    Love,
    Mrs. Golden

    ReplyDelete