Friday, March 5, 2010

This week's word is LIBRARY

Here are some ideas for choosing library books that are just right for you.

1. Ask a teacher or a friend for suggestions.
2. Keep a list of authors you like and choose a book by that author.
3. Choose a topic or genre that you like.
4. Read through a page using the "5 Finger Rule." Start reading and each time you come to a word you don't know put up a finger. If you put up more than five fingers the book is too difficult for you.
5. Choose a variety of books... maybe an easy book and a chapter book or a chapter book and a non-fiction book.

Why not try these ideas the next time you're in the library looking for a book? They work for us.






3 comments:

  1. I Love going to the libary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mauricio :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :} Mauricio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to go to the libary to read and see books. Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete